Friday, October 29, 2010

Katrina Kaif’s plane truth

The new Etihad ambassador got tackling some tough questions, about ex Salman in particular


It was a press conference in Mumbai to announce that Katrina Kaif was the new brand ambassador for Etihad Airways. The question that everyone from the media wanted to ask was simple – Was she single? After Salman’s statement a few days ago that he had broken up with her, the thought was on everyone’s mind. Kat answered, in her usual politically correct and composed that she was single. But apparently she burst into tears later at the bombardment from the media about the Salman issue. What else did she have to share? Here’s the Q&A


We saw the Etihad ad that was shown just now (where Kat gets dancing in Etihad’s First Class Lounge). What do you actually do during the waiting period at the lounge?
Trust me, this is exactly the way I am at the lounge waiting for my flight. I practice some the latest steps of my dance. And I had an amazing time shooting for the ad. Farah (Khan) has her own signature stamp and I always enjoy working with her.


If any other airline approaches you to be their brand ambassador, would you take that up?

I think you have to make that decision when you are choosing. And you have to choose something that you feel you would be comfortable talking about. Honestly there were twenty airlines but Etihad was the one which I knew a lot about. So I did not need too much convincing.

Why don’t you take up many endorsements like other actresses?

You are right, I don’t take up too many endorsements. And the ones I have in hand are all beauty products which are to be used and they seem quite logical. Actually beyond that you are so busy with your films that you can take up only a certain amount of endorsements. Physically you don’t have so many days on hand to give to your endorsements. But with Etihad it was such an honour as they are one of the leading international airlines. And I had never earlier heard of anyone being a brand ambassador of an international airline. So the very thought of it was so new to me. They are an ideal when it comes to standards of quality travel and the luxuries associated with an international flight. And also during the initial years of my career I did shoot a lot of movies in Dubai and a little in Abu Dhabi. I was pretty well informed about the brand and the services and during that time I flew with the airline a lot. So it was a very natural thing for me.

Are you single at the moment?
I think all of you know the answer and I am going to give you the same answer that I have been giving you for the last few years. I have always believed that you are single until you are married. You may have a friendship but until you are married the relationship is always single. Beyond that you have known me for many years and you know my stand. It is hard enough to take decisions in your life, professionally sometimes, mostly personal. And whatever decisions that you take, if you have to make them in front of everyone whether it’s the media or the public or the world at large, I think it is a little more that what I can handle. This is why for the last six years I have never commented who I am with, if there is a break up or an argument. Whatever the situation may be, I have never commented in the open. So despite your curiosity, if you can just respect my feeling I would be really privileged. I have nothing more to say.

Do you believe in sticking to your commitments?
Yes of course. If I have made a commitment, I would definitely stand by it. But yes, if the situations change, commitments also change. But to end it all and answer your question, I would say that I am single at the moment.

We are pestering you so much because Salman in a recent press conference for Dabang said that you guys are only friends an don’t share any other relationship, what is the truth behind that?
If Salman Khan has said that he is single and I have also said that I am single, then beyond that I don’t think it correct to comment anymore.

Who are your mentors in the industry?
There are many. The entire Khan family (Salman's family, we're guessing), the directors that I have worked with, Akshay Kumar and many other co-stars who really helped me in the beginning. They have given me wonderful chances and I will always be grateful to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment