Friday, October 29, 2010

Ravishing Raveena interview

chatted with the yummy mummy on her recent Dubai trip


Raveena Tandon was in town recently to lend her star power to India’s leading beauty and fitness brand VLCC’s new treatment ‘MOMZ’ –for moms who want to get back into shape. Raveena, now a mom of two herself, shared her tips on getting back into top-notch shape post pregnancy and babies. Read on for what she revealed

What are some of your secrets to getting back in shape post-pregnancy?

It is a lot of hard work, but at the end of the day if you want to see results you have to use your own will power – you should want to get back into shape not for your husband, but for your own self! I thank VLCC for supporting me at every step from setting up my diet to offering customized massages that are suited to my needs. It’s been a good journey, sometimes frustrating but the results are here for everyone to see.

You’ll be on TV for the Kitchen Champion show, are you a kitchen champion at home?
I’m not bad, even the chefs on the Kitchen Champion show were pretty impressed with the tricks that I pulled out there. Earlier on, I used to joke that the day my family wants to eat out they ask me to cook. They knew my cooking would be such a disaster that they would eventually have to eat out! Fortunately for me and unfortunately for them, over time whenever I have tried my hand at something in the kitchen, it turns out to be amazing. I’m a cook by fluke!

How are you celebrating Diwali?

This is the first time in my life that I’ll be away from Bombay on Diwali. We’re going away with friends and kids on a family vacation to London and Germany, so we’ll be missing out on the traditional Diwali celebrations this year.

What are your must-dos while in Dubai?
I have a different itinerary when I’m here alone and when I’m here with the kids. With kids, we go to Atlantis and Zabeel Park, where there’s tonnes of gadgety games to keep them entertained. When I’m alone, shopping is definitely on the list, as well as trying out new restaurants because my husband’s a complete foodie! Tonight I’m going to the Italian restaurant in the Armani hotel, but on the whole Buddha Bar is my favorite – they play phenomenal music!

Who's a star you’ve been star struck by?

No one in particular, maybe because I’ve been brought up in this field and seen the industry people in and out with my dad. However, I’ve always had a crush on Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis –I would love to meet them.

What's your biggest fear?
The fear of manifesting the negative thoughts that I think, that’s one thing I try to push aside.

When was the last time you cried and why?

When my dog died, I cried and cried for a month. He passed away a day before I was leaving for my honeymoon, and I remember I spent the entire time crying –I felt quite bad for my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment